Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) - Online
ACLS Online is designed to provide healthcare professionals the ability to participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. It emphasizes the importance of BLS to patient survival, the integration of effective BLS with ACLS interventions, and the importance of effective team interaction and communication. As an online course, it offers more flexibility for students in completing course content.
*The ACLS Online course is challenging and we do not recommend it to those students who have never taken an ACLS course before. However, it is available to any student who chooses to take it.
- Key changes in ACLS from the new 2010 AHA Guidelines
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
- Part I: Purchase the American Heart Association Online Course Key from our course calendar. Please allow 24 hours to receive the key in your e-mail inbox. Use the online key to complete the e-course learning – ACLS Online Version. The course takes students about 10 hours to complete. Once you have completed it the online course, you will be presented with a course completion certificate. Please print out this certificate and bring it with you to your skills session (Part II).
- Part II: Register for a skills session appointment from our course calendar entitled, "ACLS Group Skills Session". If you do not see a date/time that works for you, call us at (510) 452 – 1100 to schedule your own custom date/time at an additional $50 charge. We will do our best to schedule your skills session that is at a time convenient to both you and our instructors. Upon completion of your Skills Session, you will receive your ACLS Provider Card.
- Online courses work well for students with busy schedules because the online course allows for more flexible timing for courses.
- Skills use learning stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
Course Completion Card
American Heart Association ACLS Provider Course Completion Card, valid for two years.
CEU credits will be issued by the AHA Online website upon completion of the online course.
The textbook is not required for those students taking the ACLS Online Course.
Please begin reviewing material for the course here: http://www.heart.org/eccstudent
- The password is “compression”