Heartsaver First Aid
Heartsaver First Aid is designed to provide a wide variety of community members, child care providers and professionals the ability to recognize life-threatening emergencies, relieve choking and provide basic first aid in a safe, timely and effective manner.
- First Aid Basics
- Common Medical Emergencies including: breathing problems, choking, allergic reactions, heart attack, fainting, diabetes, stroke, seizure, shock, heart attach
- Common Injury Emergencies including: bleeding, wounds, head and spine injuries, broken bones and sprains, burns and electrical injuries
- Common Environmental Emergencies including: bites and stings, temperature-related emergencies, poison emergencies
Heartsaver 1st Aid: 3 hours.
*course time based on 1 instructor: 8 students
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid Course Completion Card is valid for two years.
Heartsaver First Aid - Student Workbook