CEN Review Test Prep Course
Project Heartbeat’s CEN Exam Preparation course helps experienced registered nurses prepare for the Certified Emergency Nursing (CEN®) exam administered by the Board of Certification of Emergency Nursing (BCEN®). You’ll review the most current clinical information and best practices in emergency nursing — understanding patient assessments, describing various patient presentations, and listing necessary interventions in emergency care.
Project Hertbeat’s CEN Exam Preparation course is ideal for:
- First-time exam takers
- CENs who want to recertify and prefer classroom interaction with an instructor
- Nurses who want to improve their scores
- Nursing staff at facilities seeking Magnet or Lantern Award recognition.
Project Heartbeat’s CEN Exam Prep Review Course provides videos, lectures and practice questions that review the content tested on the ENA’s CEN exam. This review will provide not only a knowledge base for successfully completing the exam, but also a foundation for further study as the participant works towards emergency nursing certification. Features include:
- Materials based on 2016 BCEN exam blueprint
- Practice pre-test and post-test plus multiple choice questions with rationales
- Test preparation strategy modules
- Discuss priorities of the primary and secondary assessment of patients in presenting to the emergency department.
- Describe basic principles of disaster management.
- Analyze the effectiveness of patient or family education in a clinical scenario.
- Discuss the basic principles of safe interfacility transfer.
- Describe anticipated assessment findings of patients with selected respiratory, medical, cardiovascular, neurologic, toxicologic, gastrointestinal and genitourinary emergencies.
- Plan and prioritize interventions of patients with selected respiratory, medical, cardiovascular, neurologic, toxicologic, orthopedic, psychiatric or gastrointestinal emergencies.
- Select appropriate triage categories for patients in clinical scenarios.
- Differentiate cardiogenic, hypovolemic and distributive shock with regards to assessment and management.
- CEN® Exam Process
Review of Exam | Test-Taking Strategies | Certification and Re-Certification
- Professional Issues
Stabilization and Transport | End-of-Life Issues | Legal Issues | Evidence-Based Practice and Research | Disaster Planning | Critical Incident Stress Management | Ethics
Hypovolemic Shock | Cardiogenic Shock | Obstructive Shock | Distributive Shock
- Neurological Emergencies
Headaches | Stroke | Intracranial Trauma | Spinal Cord Injury
- Environmental Emergencies
Heat and Cold Related Illnesses | Burns | Submersion and Diving Injuries | Animal Injuries
- Toxicological Emergencies
Toxicological Treatment Modalities | Review of Common Toxicological Agents
- Medical Emergencies
Infectious Diseases | Endocrine Disorders | Hematological Disorders
- Respiratory Emergencies
Disorders of the Upper and Lower Respiratory Tract
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
Coronary Artery Disease | Other Disorders of the Heart | Peripheral Vascular Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Emergencies
Medical Disorders Common to the GI Tract | Traumatic Injuries to the GI Tract
- GU, OB and GYN Emergencies
Disorders of the Male and Female GU Tract | Renal Disorders | Obstetrical Complications | Care of the Woman and Infant During and After Emergency Delivery | Gynecological Presentations | STDs
- Orthopedic and Wound Emergencies
Injuries to Bones and Joints | Compartment Syndrome | Fat Emboli
- Maxillofacial Emergencies
Ocular Emergencies | Auricular Emergencies | Nasal Emergencies | Mouth and Throat Emergencies | Facial Trauma
- Psychological-Social Emergencies
Anxiety Disorders | Psychotic Disorders | Affect Disorders | Substance Abuse | Maltreatment Abuse
Oakland / Bay Area
Upcoming CEN Review Test Prep Courses:
Upcoming CEN Review Test Prep Courses:
Prefer a convenient location option for your group of 8 or more?
Project Heartbeat makes every effort possible to provide classes available throughout the entire Bay Area.
In addition to classes conducted at one of our facilities, Project Heartbeat understands that it is much more convenient to send 1 instructor to your facility rather than sending all your students to ours. Therefore, any of our classes can be personalized to your needs and conducted at your home, workplace, school, hospital, or other healthcare facility.
Onsite classes can be scheduled 7 days a week during the morning, afternoon, early evening, or even during an extended work lunch break.
We will make every effort to tailor a class specific to your needs!