Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Renewal
Due to the pace and nature of the TNCC Class, this course is highly advisable for only experienced practitioners. New grads and non experienced practitioners are encouraged to register for the Initial 2-Day Certification, classroom setting. Please call our office for additional details, 510.452.1100, ext 0
ENA is pleased to bring back our popular TNCC 1-Day Renewal course for nurses with a current TNCC verification. Designed for independent learning, ENA’s Trauma Nursing Core Course 1-Day Renewal is built around robust self-guided study materials that help you prepare for successful completion of the renewal.
Self-study Materials Provided
In advance of your scheduled in-person course, you’ll receive:
- Supplemental study guide to help reinforce learning
- Features and Updates in the Seventh Edition, including Skill
- 24-chapter comprehensive manual
- Five interactive online learning modules
- Online video demonstrating Trauma Nursing Process
- Practice written exam
1-day In-person Course Includes:
- Hands-on review with expert instructors
- Skill station testing
- Written TNCC exam
- 4-year verification upon successful completion
- Contact hours available
Features in the TNCC Seventh Edition
- Hands-on skills training in: Removing infant from car seat;
Tourniquets; Pelvic binding
- Emerging technology of adult intraosseous devices
- New chapters on special populations, including bariatric,
interpersonal violence victims
- Increased emphasis on identifying and controlling external
and internal hemorrhage
- Many additional topics
Evaluation, Verification, and Contact Hours
- Successful completion of the renewal course requires 80% or greater on the multiple choice exam and 70% or greater on the skill station evaluation.
- All attendees will be awarded a contact hour certificate.
- If a student fails the multiple choice the first time, they may retest once with an alternative exam version
- If a student fails the skills station the first time, they may retest once with an alternative scenario
- if a student does not pass either retests, they must register to take another course or challenge a subsequent course in order to pursue verification status
TNCC is a widely recognized premier course for hospitals and trauma centers worldwide. It empowers nurses with the knowledge, critical thinking skills, and hands-on training to provide expert care for trauma patients.
This course is designed to establish a standardized body of trauma knowledge and to improve the care of all trauma patients. This seventh edition course combines interactive learning along with scenario-based assessments to provide nurses a comprehensive learning experience.
Please choose a location:
Oakland / Bay Area
Upcoming TNCC Renewal Courses:
Upcoming TNCC Renewal Courses:
Prefer a convenient location option for your group of 8 or more?
Project Heartbeat makes every effort possible to provide classes available throughout the entire Bay Area.
In addition to classes conducted at one of our facilities, Project Heartbeat understands that it is much more convenient to send 1 instructor to your facility rather than sending all your students to ours. Therefore, any of our classes can be personalized to your needs and conducted at your home, workplace, school, hospital, or other healthcare facility.
Onsite classes can be scheduled 7 days a week during the morning, afternoon, early evening, or even during an extended work lunch break.
We will make every effort to tailor a class specific to your needs!