NRP is designed to provide healthcare professionals working with neonatal and newborn infants the ability to participate in the causes, prevention, and management of mild to severe neonatal asphyxia. This course will introduce students through an evidence-based approach to the concepts and basic skills of neonatal resuscitation.
Click https://projectheartbeat.enrollware.com/enroll?id=1568695 to register
Required Online Exam
Complete NRP Online Exam 7th Edition BEFORE attending the course by following these instructions:
- Visit www.healthstream.com/hlc/aap
- Create a new login or if you are an existing user, log back in
- Click on the “Catalog” tab and click on 7th Edition NRP Provider (DO NOT select the old 6th Edition, we will not accept it)
- There is an additional fee of $35.00 for this exam on the American Academy of Pediatrics™ website.
- Complete part 1 (includes Exam with 50 questions, eSim cases, and eSim evaluation) Complete all sections to receive completion status. Estimated time (4.5 hours)
- After completing the online exam, you have 30 days to take the NRP course.
- You will need to reference the 2015 NRP Textbook (7th Edition) as you take the online exam.
- Part 2 is the Instructor-Led Event (Hands-on Session) which is the session appointment you purchase with Project Heartbeat
- The deadline to submit your exam completion certificate to our office is 24 hours before the course to be admitted to the NRP course, otherwise your spot could potentially be released to a waitlist. Please email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 510-452-1110.
NRP exam online web browser compatibility:
Recommeded to use Internet Explorer v8 or higher on a PC or Firefox on a Mac. Do not use Safari and Chrome, those will not work for the exam. If you have technical issues, please contact HealthStream Customer Support at 1-800-521-0574
NRP Online Course: completed at home by the student
NRP Skills Session: 2 hours – completed in our training center with an instructor
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based skills practice works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
- American Academy of Pediatrics™/American Heart Association® Neonatal Resuscitation Program card (valid for two years)
- CEU credits will be issued by the American Academy of Pediatrics™ after you complete the online exam. Log back into your account and claim the credits after completion.
2015 Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) Textbook – 7th Edition: Students are required to reference the textbook during the online course.