Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
The American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course is designed to provide healthcare providers training on their ability to respond to emergencies for infants and children.
- Key changes in PALS from the new 2010 AHA
- 1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
- 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Vascular access
- Resuscitation team concept
- Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
- PALS Initial Course: 14 hours over 2 days, plus additional time for breaks and lunch.
- PALS Renewal Course: 8 hours over 1 day, plus additional time for breaks and lunch.
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
- Co-branded with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
American Heart Association PALS Provider Course Completion Card, valid for two years.
Continuing Education Units:
- PALS Initial: 14 CEU credits
- PALS Renewal: 7 CEU Credits
- PALS Initial: $240
- PALS Initial Student Discount: $210 *Student Discount applies for those individuals who are currently in school or are recent graduates who are not currently employed in their field of practice
- PALS Renewal: $155
90-1011 ACLS Provider Manual (includes Pocket Reference Card)
- $56 (tax included) when bought online and either shipped or picked up before the day of your course
- $61 (tax included) if the textbook is picked up or purchased the day of your course
· Please begin reviewing material for the course here: http://www.heart.org/eccstudent
o The password is “PALS”