Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Certification, 9th Edition now available!
Every second counts when stabilizing life-threatening trauma cases. This course, taught by qualified nurses, prepares you with the knowledge, critical thinking skills and training needed to provide high-quality trauma nursing care. After completing this course, you will be able to properly assess patients and implement evidence-based interventions to improve outcomes for them.
- Reshaped and revised pre-course learning activities to include modules on communication and shock.
- The addition of “The LGBTQ+ Trauma Patient” chapter.
- Interactive activities are interwoven throughout the classroom time.
TNCC Pre-course Online Modules Requirement
- All students are required to complete the TNCC Provider Pre-Course Online Modules before attending class. TNCC is an intensive two day course intended for experienced Emergency Nurses. Without completing the pre-course online modules before attending class, students will not be allowed into the class. Reschedule fees will apply
- Instructions on accessing the modules will be in the Confirmation Email after registration/purchase is complete
Challenger (RN) – This option is available for IN-PERSON class only. ** The ENA now requires challengers to complete pre-course modules** This option includes pre-course modules, skills testing and an online exam. It is for registered nurses with TNCC experience and who are comfortable with self-study. RNs are verified as a TNCC provider after successful completion of the course.
TNCC Course Content
- The latest trauma nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and standardized approach to trauma nursing care
- Rapid identification of life-threatening injuries
A variety of learning methodologies are included to cater to every learning style, including:
- Provider manual
- Online modules
- Instructor-led classroom discussions and skill stations
- Virtual courses available
Manual: The provider manual includes evidence-based content developed by experts in trauma care. trauma. A valuable resource for future reference.
Pre-course learning: Includes access to required online modules prior to the course date to let you learn at your own pace, apply what you learn, and receive immediate feedback. Modules include a step-by-step breakdown of the Trauma Nursing Process and a comprehensive study guide.
Instructor-led classroom discussions and skills stations: TNCC is typically delivered over one-and-a-half days. Live, in-person or virtual classroom learning includes skill stations, group discussion and other interactive exercises.
Electronic testing: Electronic open-book testing enables you to test in an environment that makes you most comfortable. No more test anxiety!
Verification and Contact Hours
- Upon successful completion of the course ENA will issue a 4 year provider verification card
- Contact hours are awarded for course completion.
You must have the Trauma Nursing Core Course Provider Manual (9th Edition) by Emergency Nurses Association – to complete the pre-course online modules and bring to class. (Available for purchase at check out)
- required to participate in written and skill station portion
- Earn 19.5 CNE Hours
Non-RN Healthcare Providers
- Only registered nurses are eligible for provider status.
- Licensed practical nurses and paramedics are eligible to attend all portions of the course and obtain CNE hours, but are not eligible for provider status verification
- If a student fails the multiple choice the first time, they may retest once with an alternative exam version
- If a student fails the skills station the first time, they may retest once with an alternative scenario
- if a student does not pass either retests or fails both the written and skills testing, they must register to take another course or challenge a subsequent course in order to pursue verification status. A re-registration testing fee of $100 applies
Terms and Conditions
We do not issue refunds for course fees. All registrations are final. Course credit can be applied to future courses.
- You may call to reschedule 7 business days prior to the course start date free of charge
- If you call less than 7 business days prior to the course start date, 33% of your course fee will be charged to you to complete your rescheduling
- Our administrative office is closed on weekends and holidays
- Rescheduling/cancellation exceptions will be evaluated on a case by case basis
Registration Fee Policy
- Your credit card will be charged for the course(s), product(s), and/or service(s) from “Project Heartbeat LLC.” All course, product, and service charges listed on our website include California sales tax.
Accepted Forms of Payment
The following forms of payment are accepted:
- Check or Money Order (accepted by mail or in office)
- Cash (accepted in office)
- We do not issue refunds for course fees. All registrations are final.
- If you cancel or do not attend the class you have registered for, you will forfeit your entire course fee.
- The course textbook is required for all classes and must be brought with you on the day of your course. All students must have the current appropriate AHA course textbook for their individual use before, during, and after the course. Students should review the textbook before class and have immediate access to their own copy afterward as a reference and review tool.
- If you don’t have the current version of the textbook you will be required to purchase it the day of your course for the full fee (online purchase discount will not apply)
- Students may not share a textbook during the course.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes after the course start time, you may be not be admitted into class and must reschedule (rescheduling fee applies).
You are required to have the current textbook for this course. If you already own one or have access to one before, during, and after the class, you do not need to purchase one here.