Neonatal Resuscitation Program
NRP Certification, 8th Edition
The Neonatal Resuscitation Program® (NRP®) certification course makes it easier to have successful, team-based care for healthcare professionals caring for newborns at delivery. The NRP course is designed to teach the concepts and basic skills of neonatal resuscitation, such as the causes, prevention and management of mild-to-severe neonatal asphyxia.
An evidence-based approach to neonatal care, NRP certification provides a blended learning approach, both online and in class. An online exam is required before attending the course. Completion of the exam allows you to start the NRP course, which begins with online case-based simulations and study.
NRP class sessions are provided by skilled healthcare professionals at a Project Heartbeat in Oakland. On-campus sessions have hands-on, case-based simulations that improve critical team-work, communication and leadership skills. Skill stations encourage active participation, allowing you to practice essential skills. Clinical scenarios give you real-world feel in a safe environment so you can have the confidence you need when it’s most important.
Required Online Exam
Complete NRP Online Exam 8th Edition BEFORE attending the course by following these instructions:
- Visit https://www.aap.org/nrp
- Create a new login.
- Click on the “Catalog” tab and click on NRP 8th Edition Advanced Provider Curriculum.
- There is an additional fee of $45.00 for this exam on the American Academy of Pediatrics™ website.
- Complete Part 1. (online course) Please complete survey to receive completion certificate.
- Part 2 is the Instructor-Led Event (Hands-on Session) which is the session appointment you purchase with Project Heartbeat
- The deadline to submit your exam completion certificate to our office is 24 hours before the course to be admitted to the NRP course, otherwise your spot could potentially be released to a wait list. Please email a copy to [email protected] or fax to 510-452-1110.
NRP Provider Curriculum
NRP Online Course: completed at home by the student
NRP Skills Session: 2 hours – completed in our training center with an instructor
- Course uses skills stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based skills practice works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
- American Academy of Pediatrics™/American Heart Association® Neonatal Resuscitation Program card (valid for two years)
- CEU credits will be issued by the American Academy of Pediatrics™ after you complete the online exam.
Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) Textbook – 8th Edition: Students are required to reference the textbook during the online course.
.If you already own one or have access to one before, during, and after the class, you do not need to purchase one here.
Terms and Conditions
We do not issue refunds for course fees. All registrations are final. Course credit can be applied to future courses.
- You may call to reschedule 7 business days prior to the course start date free of charge
- If you call less than 7 business days prior to the course start date, 33% of your course fee will be charged to you to complete your rescheduling
- Our administrative office is closed on weekends and holidays
- Rescheduling/cancellation exceptions will be evaluated on a case by case basis
Registration Fee Policy
- Your credit card will be charged for the course(s), product(s), and/or service(s) from “Project Heartbeat LLC.” All course, product, and service charges listed on our website include California sales tax.
Accepted Forms of Payment
The following forms of payment are accepted:
- Check or Money Order (accepted by mail or in office)
- Cash (accepted in office)
- We do not issue refunds for course fees. All registrations are final.
- If you cancel or do not attend the class you have registered for, you will forfeit your entire course fee.
- The course textbook is required for all classes and must be brought with you on the day of your course. All students must have the current appropriate AHA course textbook for their individual use before, during, and after the course. Students should review the textbook before class and have immediate access to their own copy afterward as a reference and review tool.
- If you don’t have the current version of the textbook you will be required to purchase it the day of your course for the full fee (online purchase discount will not apply)
- Students may not share a textbook during the course.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes after the course start time, you may be not be admitted into class and must reschedule (rescheduling fee applies).