Neonatal Resuscitation Program
NRP Certification, 7th Edition
The Neonatal Resuscitation Program® (NRP®) certification course makes it easier to have successful, team-based care for healthcare professionals caring for newborns at delivery. The NRP course is designed to teach the concepts and basic skills of neonatal resuscitation, such as the causes, prevention and management of mild-to-severe neonatal asphyxia.
An evidence-based approach to neonatal care, NRP certification provides a blended learning approach, both online and in class. An online exam is required before attending the course. Completion of the exam allows you to start the NRP course, which begins with online case-based simulations and study.
NRP class sessions are provided by skilled healthcare professionals at a Project Heartbeat location, either in Oakland or Sacramento. On-campus sessions have hands-on, case-based simulations that improve critical team-work, communication and leadership skills. Skill stations encourage active participation, allowing you to practice essential skills. Clinical scenarios give you real-world feel in a safe environment so you can have the confidence you need when it’s most important.
Required Online Exam
Complete NRP Online Exam 7th Edition BEFORE attending the course by following these instructions:
- Visit www.healthstream.com/hlc/aap
- Create a new login or if you are an existing user, log back in
- Click on the “Catalog” tab and click on 7th Edition NRP Provider (DO NOT select the old 6th Edition, we will not accept it)
- There is an additional fee of $35.00 for this exam on the American Academy of Pediatrics™ website.
- Complete part 1 (includes Exam with 50 questions, eSim cases, and eSim evaluation) Complete all sections to receive completion status. Estimated time (4.5 hours)
- After completing the online exam, you have 30 days to take the NRP course.
- You will need to reference the 2015 NRP Textbook (7th Edition) as you take the online exam.
- Part 2 is the Instructor-Led Event (Hands-on Session) which is the session appointment you purchase with Project Heartbeat
- The deadline to submit your exam completion certificate to our office is 24 hours before the course to be admitted to the NRP course, otherwise your spot could potentially be released to a wait list. Please email a copy to [email protected] or fax to 510-452-1110.
NRP exam online web browser compatibility:
Recommended to use Internet Explorer v8 or higher on a PC or Firefox on a Mac. Do not use Safari and Chrome, those will not work for the exam. If you have technical issues, please contact Health Stream Customer Support at 1-800-521-0574
NRP Provider Curriculum
NRP Online Course: completed at home by the student
NRP Skills Session: 2 hours – completed in our training center with an instructor
- Course uses skills stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based skills practice works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
- American Academy of Pediatrics™/American Heart Association® Neonatal Resuscitation Program card (valid for two years)
- CEU credits will be issued by the American Academy of Pediatrics™ after you complete the online exam. Log back into your account and claim the credits after completion.
2015 Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) Textbook – 7th Edition: Students are required to reference the textbook during the online course.
Terms and Conditions
We do not issue refunds for course fees. All registrations are final. Course credit can be applied to future courses.
- You may call to reschedule 7 business days prior to the course start date free of charge
- If you call less than 7 business days prior to the course start date, 33% of your course fee will be charged to you to complete your rescheduling
- Our administrative office is closed on weekends and holidays
- Rescheduling/cancellation exceptions will be evaluated on a case by case basis
Registration Fee Policy
- Your credit card will be charged for the course(s), product(s), and/or service(s) from “Project Heartbeat LLC.” All course, product, and service charges listed on our website include California sales tax.
Accepted Forms of Payment
The following forms of payment are accepted:
- Check or Money Order (accepted by mail or in office)
- Cash (accepted in office)
- We do not issue refunds for course fees. All registrations are final.
- If you cancel or do not attend the class you have registered for, you will forfeit your entire course fee.
- The course textbook is required for all classes and must be brought with you on the day of your course. All students must have the current appropriate AHA course textbook for their individual use before, during, and after the course. Students should review the textbook before class and have immediate access to their own copy afterward as a reference and review tool.
- If you don’t have the current version of the textbook you will be required to purchase it the day of your course for the full fee (online purchase discount will not apply)
- Students may not share a textbook during the course.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes after the course start time, you may be not be admitted into class and must reschedule (rescheduling fee applies).
NRP is designed to provide healthcare professionals working with neonatal and newborn infants the ability to participate in the causes, prevention, and management of mild to severe neonatal asphyxia. This course will introduce students through an evidence-based approach to the concepts and basic skills of neonatal resuscitation.
Please choose a location:
Oakland / Bay Area
Upcoming NRP Courses:
Upcoming NRP Courses:
Prefer a convenient location option for your group of 8 or more?
Project Heartbeat makes every effort possible to provide classes available throughout the entire Bay Area.
In addition to classes conducted at one of our facilities, Project Heartbeat understands that it is much more convenient to send 1 instructor to your facility rather than sending all your students to ours. Therefore, any of our classes can be personalized to your needs and conducted at your home, workplace, school, hospital, or other healthcare facility.
Onsite classes can be scheduled 7 days a week during the morning, afternoon, early evening, or even during an extended work lunch break.
We will make every effort to tailor a class specific to your needs!