Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Certification
Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage an emergency until emergency medical services arrives. Skills covered in this course include first aid; choking relief in adults, children, and infants; and what to do for sudden cardiac arrest in adults, children, and infants.
This course teaches skills with the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Course is updated with the new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First Aid Basics
- Common Medical Emergencies including: breathing problems, choking, allergic reactions, heart attack, fainting, diabetes, stroke, seizure, shock, heart attach
- Common Injury Emergencies including: bleeding, wounds, head and spine injuries, broken bones and sprains, burns and electrical injuries
- Common Environmental Emergencies including: bites and stings, temperature-related emergencies, poison emergencies
- Key changes in CPR from the new 2010 AHA Guidelines
- CPR Critical Concepts
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
You are required to complete Heartsaver® CPR AED Online Part 1 via onlineaha.org/courses before attending this skills session. If you have not already done so, please purchase and complete the course before attending. Bring your Certificate of Completion to the skills session.
Convenient way to complete Heartsaver CPR AED class online
- Must be completed before Part 2 and 3 (skills practice and test session)
- 1 hour online, self-paced course accessible anytime from any computer
- Students can access the Heartsaver CPR AED Student Manual and more for 24 months
- May be used for initial or renewal Heartsaver CPR AED Course completion.
Part 2 and 3:
- Make sure you complete the course survey at the end of the eLeaning to generate your Completion Certificate
- Bring the Completion Certificate to your instructor on the scheduled skills session (30 min duration)
- Practice, demonstrate, and successfully complete skills testing with an instructor to receive your Heartsaver CPR AED Card on the same day
Prefer a convenient location option for your group of 8 or more?
Project Heartbeat makes every effort possible to provide classes available throughout the entire Bay Area.
In addition to classes conducted at one of our facilities, Project Heartbeat understands that it is much more convenient to send 1 instructor to your facility rather than sending all your students to ours. Therefore, any of our classes can be personalized to your needs and conducted at your home, workplace, school, hospital, or other healthcare facility.
Onsite classes can be scheduled 7 days a week during the morning, afternoon, early evening, or even during an extended work lunch break.
We will make every effort to tailor a class specific to your needs!