ACLS Certification Course Overview
American Heart Association ACLS certification for healthcare providers includes management of Bradycardia, Tachycardia, and Pulseless arrest using 2020 AHA Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support guidelines as well as Stroke and Heart Attack, ACS.
What to do BEFORE class:
Every student is required to take the Precourse Self Assessment Evaluation and review the 2020 ACLS Provider Manual before attending class.
- Visit https://elearning.heart.org
- Search code KJ-1480 on top right search box and choose ACLS Precourse Self-Assessment.
- Re-take this Precourse Self Assessment Evaluation until you receive an 70%
- Print and bring your score to class
ACLS Course Content
- Key changes in ACLS from the new 2020 AHA Guidelines
- Systemic approach (assessment)
- High Quality BLS
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Use of medication
- Rhythym recognition
- CPR coach
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
ACLS Course Completion Card
American Heart Association ACLS Provider Course Completion eCard, valid for two years and up to12 CE units.
EMS CE’s available and may vary by license type
2020 ACLS Provider Manual
ISBN #: 978-1-61669-772-3
*available for purchase at registration
Read Amy R.‘s review of Project Heartbeat on Yelp
American Heart Association ACLS for healthcare providers includes management of Bradycardia, Tachycardia, and Pulseless arrest using 2015 AHA Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support guidelines as well as Stroke and Heart Attack, ACS.
Please choose a location:
Oakland / Bay Area
Upcoming ACLS Courses:
Upcoming ACLS Courses:
- Must be completed before Part 2 and 3 (skills session)
- 3-5 hour online, self-paced course accessible anytime from any computer
- Students can access the ACLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual, ACLS Pocket Reference Card and more for 24 months
- May be used for initial or renewal ACLS for Healthcare Providers Course completion.
Part 2 and 3:
- Make sure you complete the course survey at the end of the eLeaning to generate your Completion Certificate
- Bring the Completion Certificate to your instructor on the scheduled skills session (30 min duration)
- Practice, demonstrate, and successfully complete skills testing with an instructor to receive your ACLS Provider Card on the same day
This is an ACLS or PALS Skills Check ONLY. If you have not purchased and completed the online eLearning ACLS or PALS HeartCode Part 1, you must choose that course first.
Prefer a convenient location option for your group of 8 or more?
Project Heartbeat makes every effort possible to provide classes available throughout the entire Bay Area.
In addition to classes conducted at one of our facilities, Project Heartbeat understands that it is much more convenient to send 1 instructor to your facility rather than sending all your students to ours. Therefore, any of our classes can be personalized to your needs and conducted at your home, workplace, school, hospital, or other healthcare facility.
Onsite classes can be scheduled 7 days a week during the morning, afternoon, early evening, or even during an extended work lunch break.
We will make every effort to tailor a class specific to your needs!