Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) - Renewal
ACLS is designed to provide healthcare professionals the ability to participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. It emphasizes the importance of BLS to patient survival, the integration of effective BLS with ACLS interventions, and the importance of effective team interaction and communication.
- Key changes in ACLS from the new 2010 AHA Guidelines
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
- ACLS Initial Course: 16 hours over 2 days, plus additional time for breaks and lunch.
- ACLS Renewal Course: 8 hours over 1 day, plus additional time for breaks and lunch.
*course time based on 1 instructor: 8 students: 2 manikins
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
Course Completion Card
American Heart Association ACLS Provider Course Completion Card, valid for two years.
- ACLS Initial: 14 CEU credits
- ACLS Renewal: 7 CEU credits
- ACLS- Initial: $240
- ACLS-Initial Student Discount: $210 *Student Discount applies for those individuals who are currently in school or are recent graduates who are not currently employed in their field of practice.
- ACLS-Renewal: $155
90-1011 ACLS Provider Manual (includes Pocket Reference Card)
- $50 (tax included) when bought online and either shipped or picked up before the day of your course
- $55 (tax included) if the textbook is picked up or purchased the day of your course
· Please begin reviewing material for the course here: http://www.heart.org/eccstudent
o The password is “compression”