Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
The American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers course is required to work in most healthcare settings. AHA BLS includes CPR and AED use as well as how to help a victim that is choking.
- Key changes in CPR from the new 2010 AHA Guidelines
- CPR Critical Concepts
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway
- BLS Initial Course: 5 hours. Including a 30 minute lunch.
- BLS Renewal Course: 3.5 hours. See the BLS Renewal course for more information on this training option.
*course time based on 1 instructor: 6 students: 6 manikins
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
You receive your official American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card immediately following successful completion of the course. Your AHA BLS for Health Care Providers is valid for two years.
- BLS Initial: $55
- BLS Renewal: $50
90-1038 BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual (includes Pocket Reference Card)
- $20 (tax included) when bought online and either shipped or picked up before the day of your course
- $25 (tax included) if the textbook is picked up or purchased the day of your course