Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
The American Academy of Pediatrics™/American Heart Association®'s NRP course is designed to provide healthcare professionals working with neonatal and newborn infants the ability to participate in the causes, prevention, and management of mild to severe neonatal asphyxia. This course will introduce students through an evidence-based approach to the concepts and basic skills of neonatal resuscitation.
Required Online Exam
Complete the online exam: (http://www2.aap.org/nrp/) BEFORE attending the course.
- Lessons 1-4 and 9 are REQUIRED.
- Lessons 5-8 are OPTIONAL, but must be completed if you want to discuss or practice that material with our instructor.
- After completing the online exam, you have 30 days to take the NRP course.
There is an additional fee of $23.50 for this exam on the American Academy of Pediatrics website.
The deadline to submit your exam completion certificate to our office is the Thursday before the course, at noon (12:00 PM PST) to be admitted to the NRP course, otherwise your spot will be released to a waitlist. Our fax number is 510-452-1110.
- Lesson 1: Overview and Principles of Resuscitation
- Lesson 2: Initial Steps in Resuscitation
- Lesson 3: Use of Resuscitation Devices for Positive-Pressure Ventilation
- Lesson 4: Infant Chest Compressions
- Lesson 5: Endotracheal Intubation and Laryngeal Mask Airway Insertion
- Lesson 6: Medications
- Lesson 7: Special Considerations
- Lesson 8: Resuscitation of Babies Born Preterm
- Lesson 9: Ethics and Care at the End of Life
NRP Online Exam: completed at home by the student
NRP Skills Session: 2 hours, completed in our office with an instructor
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based skills practice works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
- American Academy of Pediatrics™/American Heart Association® card (valid for two years)
- CEU credits will be issued by the American Academy of Pediatrics™ after you complete the online exam. Log back into your account and claim the credits after completion.
Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) Textbook - 6th Edition)
ISBN-10: 1581104987 | ISBN-13: 978-1581104981 | Edition: Sixth Edition
(must be purchased in advance to use when taking online exam)