ACLS Recertification Overview
ACLS is designed to provide healthcare professionals the ability to participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. It emphasizes the importance of BLS to patient survival, the integration of effective BLS with ACLS interventions, and the importance of effective team interaction and communication.
- Must have a current/non-expired ACLS card
What to do BEFORE class:
Every student is required to take the Precourse Self Assessment Evaluation and review the 2020 ACLS Provider Manual before attending class.
- Visit to https://elearning.heart.org/
- Search code KJ-1480 on top right search box and choose ACLS Precourse Self-Assessment.
- Re-take this Precourse Self Assessment Evaluation until you receive an 70%
- Print and bring your score to class
- Key changes in ACLS from the new 2020 AHA Guidelines
- Systemic approach (assessment)
- High Quality BLS
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Use of medication
- Rhythym recognition
- CPR coach
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
Course Completion eCard and Continuing Education
American Heart Association ACLS Provider Course Completion eCard, valid for two years.
Board of Registered Nursing Provider approved for up to 6 CE units
EMS CE’s available and may vary by license type
2020 ACLS Provider Manual
ISBN #: 978-1-61669-772-3
You are required to have the current textbook for this course. If you already own one or have access to one before, during, and after the class, you do not need to purchase one here.