Assisting Residents with Heart Disease and Promoting Heart Health
Course is designed to provide CNAs and HHNs a basic understanding of cardiac functions and disease processes.
Course Content Curriculum
- Basic Cardiac Function Overview
- Cardiac Disease
- Blood flow
- The Cardiac Cycle
Student Learning Objectives:
Upon the successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Explain how the heart works.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of
heart failure and heart attack.
- Explain the causes of heart disease.
- Describe ways to prevent heart disease
and increase heart health.
- understand various cardiac diseases and abnormalities
Course Format and Teaching Method
- Course is a classroom-based, Facilitator-led course. Duration: 4 hours
Course Completion Certificates
- A lecture manual will be handed out at the beginning of class to each student at no additional charge