Basic ECG Interpretation and Pharmacology Certification
Project Heartbeat’s ECG Interpretation & Pharmacology Course is classroom-based. This facilitator-led course is designed to improve electrocardiogram (ECG) recognition skills and pharmacology knowledge for treating cardiovascular emergencies.
This course is for healthcare professionals who participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, and others who require this specialized knowledge for their job.
- Practice in various case scenarios reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
- Only course available to focus on this critical knowledge
- Flexible instructional format with two units – ECG and Pharmacology – that be taught together or separately
- Fifty-page Student Workbook with illustrations to be used before, during and after the course
- Open to any Instructor to teach with no requirement to be affiliated with an American Heart Association Training Center
- Instructor CD with instructor notes, lesson maps and administrative documents
Basic ECG Interpretation & Pharmacology is designed to provide healthcare professionals the ability to interpret basic ECGs (electrocardiograms) and recognize myocardial infarction (MI) and Pharmacology. Students will increase their confidence in interpretation and practice through this course.
- Anatomy, Electrophysiology and Action Potential
- Vectors and Hexaxial System
- Rate and Rhythm Recognition (SVT, Heart Blocks, WPW, Torsades, etc.)
- Bundle Branches Blocks and Hypertrophy (LAE, RAE, LVH)
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
Course Completion Certificates
- BRN approved CE Completion Certificate, 7 CE Credits
- EMS CE Completion Certificate, 7 CE Credits
- A lecture manual will be handed out at the beginning of class to each student at no additional charge
No textbook is required, you will received a lecture manual at no additional charge on the day of class. For added practice, you may purchase the optional student workbook.