EMT Refresher Course
This EMT re-certification course meets the state required hours to recertify your EMT license. The 24 hour course is scheduled over 3 eight hour days. 24 CE Credits and course completion certificate will be provided upon successful completion of all 24 hours of training.
EMT certification is valid for two years. In order to maintain certification an individual must recertify every two years. An individual is eligible for EMT recertification upon successful completion of the following requirements:
- Possess a current California EMT certificate or National Registry EMT certificate.
- Complete an Alameda County EMT Recertification Application
- Submit documentation of successful completion, every two years, of the following:
- Completion of a 24-hour EMT refresher class or completion of 24 hours of Continuing Education (CE) Hours
- Skills testing and a completed Skills Competency Verification Form from an approved EMT Training Program or by an approved EMS service provider
- If this is the first time you have applied for State certification, you must submit a copy of your California Department of Justice and FBI Live Scan background report.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $102.00 by money order, cashier’s check or online payment. The EMS Agency does not accept cash payment or personal checks. The application fee includes $45.00 for Alameda County EMS and $37.00 for the state’s Emergency Medical Services Authority.
- A new EMT certificate will be issued upon successful completion of these steps. An individual may apply for recertification:
- Within six months before the current certificate expires. The new expiration date will be two years from the current expiration date.
- More than six months before the current certificate expires. The new expiration date will be two years from the last day of the month the requirements are met.
- 24 hours of Continuing Education Units (3 days, 8 hours per day)
• Pre-Course Modules
• CA EMSA State Skills Testing:
- Patient examination, trauma patient
- Patient examination, medical patient
- Bag Valve Mask Ventilation
- Oxygen Administration
- Cardiac Arrest Management with AED
- Hemorrhage Control and Shock Management
- Spinal Motion Restriction – Supine and Seated
- Penetrating Chest Injury
- Epinephrine and Naloxone Administration
- Childbirth and Neonatal Resuscitation
CALL 510.452.1100 OR EMAIL FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION