EMSA Pediatric Heartsaver First Aid, CPR, AED for Childcare Providers Certification
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED is a classroom, video-based, Instructor-led course that teaches students to respond to and manage illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives.
This course is designed to meet the regulatory requirements for child care workers in all 50 U.S. states.
- Child care workers
- Foster care workers
- Camp counselors
- Youth organizations
- Coaches for children’s sports organizations
- Others responsible for children including parents, grandparents, babysitters and guardians
- Updated to reflect new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care and the 2015 American Heart Association and American Red Cross Update for First Aid
- Video-based lessons ensure consistency
- Instructor-led, practice format reinforces skills proficiency
- Ideal for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback from an Instructor
Only CNA CE credits are offered for this course. NAC #1187 approved for 8 CE Credits
- First Aid Basics
- Common Medical Emergencies including: breathing problems, choking, allergic reactions, heart attack, fainting, diabetes, stroke, seizure, shock, heart attach
- Common Injury Emergencies including: bleeding, wounds, head and spine injuries, broken bones and sprains, burns and electrical injuries
- Common Environmental Emergencies including: bites and stings, temperature-related emergencies, poison emergencies
- Key changes in CPR from the new 2010 AHA Guidelines
- CPR Critical Concepts
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
Please choose a location:
Oakland / Bay Area
You are required to completeEMSA Pediatric Heartsaver First Aid, CPD, AED Online Part 1 via onlineaha.org/courses before attending this skills session. If you have not already done so, please purchase and complete the course before attending. Bring your Certificate of Completion to the skills session.
Convenient way to complete EMSA Pediatric Heartsaver First Aid, CPD, AED class online
- Must be completed before Part 2 and 3 (skills practice and test session)
- 1 hour online, self-paced course accessible anytime from any computer
- Students can access theEMSA Pediatric Heartsaver First Aid, CPD, AED Student Manual and more for 24 months
- May be used for initial or renewal EMSA Pediatric Heartsaver First Aid, CPD, AED Course completion.
Part 2 and 3:
- Make sure you complete the course survey at the end of the eLeaning to generate your Completion Certificate
- Bring the Completion Certificate to your instructor on the scheduled skills session (30 min duration)
- Practice, demonstrate, and successfully complete skills testing with an instructor to receive your EMSA Pediatric Heartsaver First Aid, CPD, AED Card on the same day
(Please call 510.452.1100, ext 0 to schedule a preferred date and time for your skills verification)
Prefer a convenient location option for your group of 8 or more?
Project Heartbeat makes every effort possible to provide classes available throughout the entire Bay Area.
In addition to classes conducted at one of our facilities, Project Heartbeat understands that it is much more convenient to send 1 instructor to your facility rather than sending all your students to ours. Therefore, any of our classes can be personalized to your needs and conducted at your home, workplace, school, hospital, or other healthcare facility.
Onsite classes can be scheduled 7 days a week during the morning, afternoon, early evening, or even during an extended work lunch break.
We will make every effort to tailor a class specific to your needs!