Heartsaver® First Aid
100% classroom training means students are with an AHA Instructor for their entire learning experience.
Heartsaver First Aid is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrives. Students learn duties and responsibilities of first aid rescuers; first aid actions for medical emergencies, including severe choking, heart attack, and stroke; and skills for handling injury and environmental emergencies, including external bleeding, broken bones and sprains, and bites and stings.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student Workbook comes with Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide that summarizes first aid actions for many injuries and illnesses
- Course is updated with the new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
Only CNA CE credits are offered for this course. NAC #1187 approved for 4 CE Credits