Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Renewal Course Overview
The PALS Recertification Course is designed to provide healthcare providers a refresher on their ability to respond to emergencies for infants and children. Providers will enhance their skills in the treatment of the child victim of a cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergencies. PALS is based on simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active, hands-on participation through individual and team learning stations.
- Must have a current/non-expired PALS card otherwise you will not be admitted into class.
What to do BEFORE class:
Every student is required to take the Precourse Self Assessment Evaluation and review the 2015 PALS Provider Manual before attending class.
- Visit heart.org/eccstudent
- Enter manual code: “pals15” to begin
- Re-take this Precourse Self Assessment Evaluation until you receive an 84%
PALS Renewal Course Content
- Key changes in PALS from the new 2015 AHA
- 1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
- 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Vascular access
- Resuscitation team concept
- Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
- Co-branded with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Heart Association PALS Provider Course Completion Card, valid for two years
- PALS Renewal: 6 CEU credits
- (effective Jan 1, 2019: CE Credits for this course have been changed from 7 CE credits to 6 CE credits)
- **Please note, the AHA has transitioned to eCards only. No more paper cards will be issued as of Aug 1, 2019
2015 PALS Provider Manual
You are required to have the current textbook for this course. If you already own one or have access to one before, during, and after the class, you do not need to purchase one here.