To register follow the link: https://projectheartbeat.com/phtls
Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) is recognized around the world as the leading continuing education program for prehospital emergency trauma care. The mission of PHTLS is to promote excellence in trauma patient management by all providers involved in the delivery of prehospital care through global education. PHTLS is developed by NAEMT in cooperation with the American College of Surgeons’ Committee on Trauma. The Committee provides the medical direction and content oversight for the PHTLS program.
- Improves the quality of trauma care in your area and decrease mortality
- Program is based on a prehospital trauma care philosophy, stressing the treatment of the multi-system trauma patient as a unique entity with specific needs
- May require an approach to the trauma patient that varies from traditional treatment modalities PHTLS
- Promotes critical thinking as the foundation for providing quality care
- Based on the belief that, given a good fund of knowledge and key principles, EMS practitioners are capable of making reasoned decisions regarding patient care
- Updated and revised to keep up with the advances in the field, ATLS Guidelines and feedback from PHTLS participants
Designed to enhance the knowledge and skill of first responders, EMTs, paramedics, physicians, nurses, and other licensed health care professionals.
- PHTLS: PreHospital Trauma Life Support, Eighth Edition
- Available for purchase during website checkout at $60
- Patient care experience
- Textbook must be purchased to complete required readings and PHTLS Pre-test before the start of class
- PHTLS Pre-test must be completed and presented to the instructor on the first day of class
- 16 CE issued by National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians
- After registering and paying for the course here on our site, please visit www.naemt.org and complete the registration form at that site for your course date. (Note: At NAEMT’s site, the course location will be listed as “Oakland.”) This will help us expedite processing of your certificate at the end of the course.
- Although PHTLS originated in the United States, it has evolved and now serves as an international education program available to EMS providers in 42 countries including Aruba, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Kenya, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lithuanian, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Paraguaya, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Africia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Uruguay