Basic Life Support Course Overview
The BLS Certification for Healthcare Providers – Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. Most healthcare providers are required to take this course. New beginners and expired BLS provider card holders will need to take this initial BLS certification course.
Initial BLS Certification Course Content
- Key changes in CPR from the new 2015 AHA Guidelines
- CPR Critical Concepts
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Card
- received immediately after successful course completion
- valid for two years
- Please note, the AHA has transitioned to eCards only. No more paper cards will be issued as of Aug 1, 2019
2015 BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual
The BLS for Healthcare Providers – Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. Most healthcare providers are required to take this course.
Please choose a location:
Oakland / Bay Area
Upcoming BLS Courses:
Upcoming BLS Courses:
Convenient way to add on and complete your BLS training on the same day you take an ACLS or a PALS class)
- Must be completed before Part 2 and 3 (skills session)
- Two hour online, self-paced course accessible anytime from any computer
- Students can access the BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual, BLS Pocket Reference Card and more for 24 months
- May be used for initial or renewal BLS for Healthcare Providers Course completion.
Part 2 and 3:
- Make sure you complete the course survey at the end of the eLeaning to generate your Completion Certificate
- Bring the Completion Certificate to your instructor on the scheduled skills session (30 min duration)
- Practice, demonstrate, and successfully complete skills testing with an instructor to receive your BLS Provider Card on the same day
Prefer a convenient location option for your group of 8 or more?
Project Heartbeat makes every effort possible to provide classes available throughout the entire Bay Area.
In addition to classes conducted at one of our facilities, Project Heartbeat understands that it is much more convenient to send 1 instructor to your facility rather than sending all your students to ours. Therefore, any of our classes can be personalized to your needs and conducted at your home, workplace, school, hospital, or other healthcare facility.
Onsite classes can be scheduled 7 days a week during the morning, afternoon, early evening, or even during an extended work lunch break.
We will make every effort to tailor a class specific to your needs!