EMT-B Training Program Overview
July 12, 2019 classes currently full. Please call 510.452.1100, ext 0 to be added to waiting list.
Project Heartbeat’s 5 week EMT Training Program fulfills the training requirements set forth by the State of California in Title 22 of the California Code of regulations Division 9, Chapter 2, for Emergency Medical Technician Basics.
Through didactic lecture, realistic emergency simulation training, clinical ride a longs, and interactive participation, graduates of the EMT Program will be prepared to successfully complete the National Registry EMT-Basic Exam as the final step to obtaining EMT- Basic licensure in the State of California and working in a career on a BLS or CCT Ambulance.
EMT PROGRAM CALENDAR
Through a comprehensive course schedule, Project Heartbeat’s accelerated EMT Training Program gets you prepared for state and national licensure in less time. Mastery of course topics and psychomotor skills can be completed in 18 days. In total, 5 consecutive weeks from 8am to 6pm will provide 160 hours of didactic and skills training. Saturday classes are 12 hours 8am to 8pm. In addition, 24 hours of ambulance ride alongs will total of 180+ hours of comprehensive training.
July 12 (Full) call to be put on wait list
July 15 Monday, Tuesday , Wednesday 8am to 7pm (Full) call to be put on wait list
August 16 (Full) call to be put on wait list
Plus 3 ambulance ride along shifts to be completed towards the back end of the program
A total of 18 days for the entire EMT Program. Due to national regulatory requirements for EMT training programs, missing more than 1 day of instruction will result in a failing grade for the course.
EMT TRAINING PROGRAM TUITION AND FEES
$100 Application/Registration Fee (non Refundable)
$330 Course Material, ie uniform shirts, lab supplies (non refundable, Non returnable)
$1600 TOTAL CHARGES PAID TO PROJECT HEARTBEAT
$1995 TOTAL CHARGES PAID TO PROJECT HEARTBEAT STARTING SEPTEMBER 2019
For all SEIU Members, please contact our office at 510.452.1100, ext 0 for details regarding full tuition reimbursement
Prerequisites are DUE BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicant must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Applicant must possess a current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS card prior to the first day of class
- Current California Driver’s license
- Current Immunization Records for:
- TB- Tuberculosis within 1 year
- Tetanus within 10 years
- MMR- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (childhood record OK)
- Varicella Immunity
- Hepatitis B- At least shot #1 in series
- Specific prerequisites may apply depending on the program selected
- Tuition and fees – Tuition tables for specific courses appear with the course descriptions later in this catalog. Tuition costs include: textbook and ebook, uniform shirts, and equipment/ diagnostic tools (I.E. stethoscope, penlight, eye protection, safety-shears). Students are also responsible for a background check, live scan, health insurance and additional uniform items (Black boots, Black EMS Belt, Navy EMS Pants). The fees in the tables in this catalog are effective Jan 1, 2017.
- Physical considerations – EMT-B students must possess sufficient ability to: Lift at least 50 lbs unassisted, stand, carry and balance on uneven terrain. Stoop, kneel, climb, crouch and crawl as needed to reach patients and safely remove and transport. Carry and utilize emergency medical equipment appropriately. Communicate verbally to patients, physicians, nurses and co-workers. Hear, understand and react quickly to verbal instructions and patient needs. In addition, students must be able to travel to clinical and field sites as assigned and work varying shifts and hours as assigned.
BPPE Private Post-Secondary Approval, Educational Program EMT Basic
Alameda County EMS District Approved
CALL 510.452.1100 OR EMAIL FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Through didactic lecture, realistic emergency simulation training, clinical ride alongs, and interactive participation, graduates of the EMT Program will be prepared to successfully complete the National Registry EMT-Basic Exam as the final step to obtaining EMT- Basic licensure in the State of California and working in a career on a BLS or CCT Ambulance.
Please choose a location:
Oakland / Bay Area
Upcoming EMT-B Academy:
Upcoming EMT-B Academy: