Heartsaver® CPR AED
100% classroom training means students are with an AHA Instructor for their entire learning experience.
Heartsaver CPR AED is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches adult and child CPR and AED use, infant CPR, and how to relieve choking in adults, children, and infants. This course teaches skills with the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Course is updated with the new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
- Child CPR and AED use
- Infant CPR
- Adult, child, and infant choking
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR, including child and infant choking
- Optional exam
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
*Child and infant modules are optional.
Only CNA CE credits are offered for this course. NAC #1187 approved for 4 CE Credits